Cropimpi is an Independent Research Company in the Republic of South Africa since 2015.
We conform to GLP and ISO 9001:2015 standards.
We offer Agriseta training for unit standard:
116301 – Apply effective and responsible integrated pest, disease and weed control
This course is aimed at the Farmer or Farm Manager, it is an in depth, detailed course that will teach you about active ingredients, using the right nozzles and droplet sizes. Spray programmes and mixing. How to calibrate your equipment. We also provide you with the latest publications and ground breaking research on newly registered products. This course is not just aimed at successful crops and environmental management but financial cost effectiveness.
This is a field based course where you will be taught hands on, not just out of a book. We also offer in-house courses where we come to your farm to train staff.
Outline of the course:
- Life cycle of an insect.
- Natural enemies.
- Ways of spreading.
- Implication of contamination on the quality and marketability of the product.
- Importance of hygiene.
- Scouting procedures.
- Record keeping.
- Spreading of pests and diseases.
- Pest levels that cause economic loss.
- Safety rules and principles
- Descriptions of pests and damage.
- Sources of information.
- Interpretation of pictograms, colour coding and symbols.
- Legal implications of misuse / abuse i.e. off-label use.
- Potential hazards associated with agrochemicals.
- Cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- General symptoms of poisoning.
- Impact of product on the environment, humans and other organisms.
- Basic storage principles and requirements.
- Principles and methods of mixing.
- Empty container and waste disposal.
- Emergency procedures.
- Legislation and Codes of Practice.
- First aid.
- Product spectrum.
- Principles of product categorisation and segregations.
- Resistance and management thereof.
- Information resources.
- Principles of:
- Weed control.
- Plant disease control.
- Insect control.
- Nematode control.
- Agrochemical application.
- Effective use of standard reference materials and other resources.
- Reading and understanding labels.
- Comprehensive section on Calibration, droplet sizes and how it affects coverage, when to use which nozzle for maximum cost effectiveness.
- Principles and procedures of responsible application.
- Correct use of equipment.
- Health and safety.
- Principles of integrated pest management.
- Environmental knowledge.
Level NQF 4
Tuition available in Afrikaans and English
Duration: 5 days – for in-house courses scheduled on your farm we allow flexible times.
Cost: R7500.00 includes facilitation, study material, lunch and a certificate (Presented in Pietermaritzburg)
All costs for this training can be claimed from SDL on submission of you Workplace Skills Plan.
We offer customised quotes for farm based programmes – we come to your farm to train.
Do this Course Online https://cropimpi.co.za/courses/